High Shear Mixer solutions for Salts
Salt is added to a wide range of products, generally to intensify flavor. Depending on the base liquid, salt will either be dissolved (water based products) or dispersed (oil based products). Traditional mixing techniques will require batch tanks and long process times to dissolve the salt. Oil based dispersions may suffer from settling or poor uniformity. Further, concentration is often limited (dispersed or dissolved) when compared to products made with an IKA® Works Mixer.
ADVANTAGES OF IKA® WORKS MIXERS FOR DISSOLVING OR DISPERSING SALTS
- Decreased process time
- Dissolving (water based). Traditional methods often require long process times to dissolve salts. IKA® Works Mixers utilize a high shear action which rapidly breaks down the solid particles, exposing a large surface area to the liquid and speeding solubilization.
- Dispersing (oil based). Traditional methods require batch tanks and adequate residence time to ensure a uniform dispersion. The intense shearing action of an IKA® Mixer ensures an instantaneous dispersion.
- Higher concentrations of solids
- Dissolving. Traditional methods are limited on the percentage of solids that can be dissolved. However, the intense energy input from an IKA® Works Mixer allows higher solids loading. We have accomplished over 60% solids in a single pass!
- Dispersing. Traditional methods will suffer from settling / sedimentation when a certain solids loading is reached. Utilizing an IKA® Works mixer allows intimate contact between the salts and oil, forming a more stable dispersion even at higher concentrations.
IKA® MIXERS SUITABLE FOR DISSOLVING OR DISPERSING SALTS