High Shear Mixer solutions for Ice Cream
Ice cream has come a long way from milk, salt, and ice in the kitchen. Today’s manufacturers often blend a variety of powders into a liquid stream including gums (for freeze-thaw stability and proper texture), milk powder, and flavorings (i.e. cocoa powder). Some of the challenges include agglomeration (lumping) of the gums, bridging of cocoa powder in feed devices, and foaming of milk powder. IKA® Works has developed solutions to all of these concerns.
ADVANTAGES OF IKA® WORKS MIXERS FOR ICE CREAM MANUFACTURE
- Agglomeration of gums is eliminated. The intense high shear zones created by an IKA® Mixer break down any agglomerates, exposing fresh powder to the liquid.
- Improved ingredient functionality. Subjecting the product to high shear ensures that all of the powder is exposed to the liquid and thus hydrated. This complete hydration eliminates waste and ensures full ingredient functionality.
- Elimination of foaming. IKA® Works MHD powder / liquid mixer utilizes a positive powder feed, unlike the vacuum or venturi designs of competitive equipment. Vacuum or venturi systems can draw air into the system and cause foaming, especially with ingredients such as milk powder.
- Elimination of bridging. IKA® Works MHD powder / liquid mixers employ an anti-bridging bar to ensure smooth powder feed.
- Single source responsibility. IKA® Works will work with your engineers to tailor anything from a single component to a complete system to your process.
IKA® MIXERS SUITABLE FOR ICE CREAM MANUFACTURE